I ran across a “Thursday Thirteen” entry on a recent trip through the blogosphere (I think it was at Quilt Nut Creations, Rhonda’s home on the ‘Net) and I thought it might be a cool way to get a bit more personal here. The idea, as I am able to interpret it anyway, is to share 13 things about yourself every Thursday, and then leave a comment with a link to your post over at Thursday Thirteen’s Blog, where all the TT’ers connect. Everyone bloghops around to the TT lists, leaving comments about the contents along the way, and we all get to know each other better. So without further ado, I give you:
- I just started practicing yoga. Now that the big 4-0 is here, it’s past time to do something in the physical fitness department, so maybe I can tolerate a bit of yoga. I’ve never found anything else that I can make myself do on a regular basis.
- I don’t watch TV. Ever.
- I go to a movie at a theater about once a year, and only then if it’s something really good that I’m absolutely dying to see, like the third Lord of the Rings or something.
- I like to play games, but don’t do it enough. I like card games and board games, like Yahtzee, Life, Flinch, Uno and Pinochle.
- I can get really addicted to Mario Kart on the Game Cube, but I don’t do that often enough either, because it makes the tenosynovitis in my hands flare up. I press on the accelerator button so hard that I get an “A” imprinted in my thumb when I play that game. My kids just laugh at me.
- If there’s an item without a price tag in the store, I’ll zero in on it and try to buy it, every time. If there’s an entire rack of all the same items, I will always pick up the only one without a price and then get hung up at the register waiting for the price check. I’m talented that way.
- I can hold my hand over the bin of grapefruit at the store, meditate a bit, and always pick out the most sour specimens on the first try (according to my husband, who only eats grapefruit when forced, and becomes the “dinner show” on grapefruit night with his comical pucker up faces).
- I prefer the telephone to email. Something to do with being an instant gratification girl, I think. With email, you have to wait for a response, and I’d rather just call and get the response right away.
- I’m basically an indoor girl. I don’t do outside things.
- I have a temperature comfort zone of about three degrees in my house, which is really hard to maintain without central heat and air (we’re stuck with radiators and windows here).
- My youngest daughter has just started a new school: an online private academy that she does here at home. Should be interesting after all these years of public/private traditional schools for both of my children.
- My very favorite beverage is a Cosmopolitan, which I have one of daily. It’s only really good if I make it myself, so it’s an at-home thing only.
- I LOVE to drive. Fast. And in a spirited, yet defensive, way. Driving a car is sometimes the only thing that makes leaving the house worthwhile, which is why I don’t do public transportation. Even when I had a rather dumpy little Hyundai, I still loved to drive. After that I had SUV’s for six years, and now it’s the Mustang, so it’s even more fun!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Gabriella Hewitt
3. Naeva – I love my kids!
4. Miss Positive
6. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants