- My gamer side. Yeah, like you couldn’t tell from my absence what I’ve been doing for the last two months! The addiction to World of Warcraft rages on. My Night Elf Hunter promptly took a back seat to my Death Knight at level 55, and I’m working on the slow journey to level 80 with the Death Knight. And along the way, I’ve made a few more characters, so I have my own small case of alt-itis. I don’t have the veritable army of alts that my mother has, but still, if I make more than two more new characters, I’ll have to make them on a new server since I can’t have more than ten on the server that I play on now. Then they’ll be the poor relations, since there won’t be any of my other characters over there on the other server to share gold. Gold makes it all so much easier…big surprise…
- My family more often, both the immediate members and the ones far away, as we play WoW together. I see my youngest daughter and husband more, since we all play in my studio together on separate computers. Sometimes we adventure together in-game, or help each other kill the difficult monsters. I talk to my mother, aunt and cousin more, though it must be noted that the conversations are mostly game related and take place in the in-game chat window! 🙂
- The taxes. Ugh. Big UGH. But it’s not like you can just not do them. 😐 (Though at the moment, it’s tempting to make a try for the “not doing them” technique, and see how long I can stay under the radar on that.) And I have all that business stuff to make it 150% more complicated this year too. Yes, I’m whining. It’s my blog and I’ll cry if I want to!
- My chauffeur side. I spend way too much time driving lately. GuitarGirl has graduated from high school, gotten a new job at the Commissary and started college classes, so my taxi duties have quadrupled (or maybe quintupled) in the last few weeks. Not that I don’t enjoy driving my car as I’m still in love with everything about it even though it’s over three years old. It’s just an awesomeness that I’ll never get over probably. In fact it’s the only thing that makes the taxi duties tolerable at all, but I still would rather pass on it and never leave my house unless I felt like it and there was good shopping on the other end of the journey, tyvm. On top of all that, it’s a bit freaky to have a child in college. I’m just sayin’.
But not in touch with:
- The pre-move insanity. Yes, we’re finally getting out of Matchstick Manor and moving to The Estates at the end of March. Pre-move insanity commencing any day now, if I can motivate myself to make organization a priority. Now where did my motivation disappear to anyway? Oh, yeah, it went the way of the dodo bird when I started playing WoW, and I’m okay with that. I was uber organized for the last move and it didn’t seem to matter one whit anyway; all of our stuff got where it was going either damaged or not regardless of anything I did or didn’t do as far as I could tell, and I was a crazy person for two months before the move. Maybe this time it’ll be the same, but without the craziness?
- My quilter side. Another “like you couldn’t tell” thing. It’s difficult to write about quilting if you’re not quilting if you see what I mean. “It is what it is”, in the immortal words of…well…whoever. I’ll quilt again, but not until I’m in my shiny new studio and the post-move craziness has calmed down. Or maybe not until I get past my WoW addiction, and it’s even odds as to which will happen first. Besides, WoW is soooo much cheaper than quilting, let me tell you, and considering what this move is costing us ($12K+), that right there is a huge bonus to the “not quilting right now” status.
There is a small amount of quilty news, so I guess it could be said that I’ve gotten in touch with you, dear readers (assuming that there is more than one person still reading after this descent into WoW addiction 😉 ):
I did get an email from Bonnie McCaffery yesterday, and she’s put the video that we filmed at Quilt Market in October on her website in the VidCasts section. The Inchie Quilts VidCast is really awesome. Bonnie did such a great job making me feel comfortable during our interview, and obviously the post-production on the video was well done too! You can see most of the quilts from the Inchie Quilts book, and there’s a bit of discussion about the design and construction process of each one. Check it out and let Bonnie know if you enjoy the video!
I sent Accessorize Me—with Inchies! off to the AQS Lancaster show yesterday. The quilts will be on display at the Lancaster County Convention Center and Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square complex and the Liberty Place Conference Center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, March 24 – 27, 2010. For more information about the show, visit the AQS site. Do let me know if you go to the show!
Toodles for now! Though it’s Tuesday—usually maintenance day for WoW when I spend time doing maintenance and running scans on my own computers because the servers are down—Blizzard is only doing rolling restarts on all the servers, which means 15 minutes of downtime instead of 8 hours. So I’m off to play WoW before the daily taxi run. Yay! 😀