I’ve started designing a new quilt, and it’s entirely out of my “normal” range of styles. It’s really outside a number of my boxes, so it’s been kind of interesting figuring out how to do it. It’s appliqué, which I don’t do a lot of because it takes too long by hand (and my hands don’t handle it very well these days anyway) and I’ve never liked the results doing it by machine. The quilt is in bright, clear colors, which I don’t do a lot of either. Some quilts just have to be made, though, so on we go.
To get to the point of all this, I’ve spent the last three days or so just looking at the stuff for this quilt on the table while really concentrating on some much needed web page maintenance instead of quilting (procrastinating, if the truth be told). I’ve puttered with the quilt a bit and thought about it a lot, but haven’t really done much except to try to cut the scalloped borders for it, and mess them up. I thought I was going to put the borders on before I did most of the appliqué, because that’s how it kind of needed to be done. I was able to fix the borders, but when it came time to move forward, I went back to my computer and worked on web pages some more. I knew what needed to be done, but for some reason I wasn’t ready to do it. Now, I don’t really have time to “not be ready” to move forward with this thing Continue reading “Creative procrastination pays off”