This one is in the “Thank Goodness it’s Finally Finished” category! I started this quilt in September, 2013, hoping for something easy and quick, and it was neither. It’s not that the piecing is complex (it’s not) or that any of the construction was terribly difficult (it wasn’t), but it turned into much more of a “thing” than I’d anticipated.
It’s modern-ish. That’s part of the problem, at least for me. It’s outside a number of my boxes, one of them being that I work well from a pattern or at the very least a definite plan, and this quilt had no pattern and only a very vague plan. Rather than purchase anything, I used some Quilter’s Dream batting that I had (which I’m just going to note again that I really don’t like), and between the weight of the quilt and backing and the weight of the batting, this quilt was a total bear to push through the machine for quilting. Then I couldn’t resist complicating things with embroidery, and that takes a while. And yes, all of this is self-inflicted! Read More